(1) Tulip Time — Holland’s big festival kicks off this weekend. On Saturday: Tulip Time Run, 8 a.m. at Kollen Park (registration required); Art & Craft Fair, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Centennial Park; Tulip Time Quilt Show, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Holland Area Arts Council, 150 E. Eighth St. ($6); Vintage Base Ball Game, 2 p.m. at Riverview Park; Dutch Dance Lessons, 6:30 p.m. at Centennial Park, 250 Central Ave. (free); “A Barbershop Home Companion,” 7 p.m. at Beechwood Church, 895 Ottawa Beach Road ($23); “Steel Magnolias,” 7 p.m. at Holland Civic Theatre, 50 W. Ninth St. ($23); Delft on Canvas, 7:30 p.m. at Beechwood Church, 895 Ottawa Beach Road ($35). On Sunday: Art & Craft Fair, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Centennial Park; “Steel Magnolias,” 2 p.m. at Holland Civic Theatre ($23); Delft on Canvas, 3 p.m. at Beechwood Church ($35); Dutch Organ Concert, 7 p.m. at Hope Church, 77 W. 11th St. ($15). There’s much more in the week to come, including the parades. Visit tuliptime.com for the full schedule.
(2) Musical Fountain — 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, best seen from Waterfront Stadium, downtown Grand Haven. The attraction begins its 2017 season. For the full schedule, visit ghfountain.com.
(3) Craft Fair — 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Watermark Church, 13060 U.S. 31, Grand Haven Township. This is a fundraiser for Cub Scout Pack 3066.
(4) Kirk Park Lodge Open House — 2-5 p.m. Saturday at Ottawa County’s Kirk Park, 9791 Lakeshore Ave., Grand Haven Township. The recently renovated lodge is available to rent for events in the summer. In the off-season, it is available to organized groups to rent overnight. Park passes will be available for pre-sale at the open house.
(5) A Night at the Derby — 5-11 p.m. Saturday at Spring Lake Country Club, 17496 Fruitport Road. This is a fundraiser for TCM Counseling. The cost is $100 per person, or $750 for table of eight. That includes dinner, drinks and dueling pianos. Call TCM Counseling at 616-842-9160 to reserve your seats.