(1) Alma College Choir Concert — 8 p.m. Friday at United Methodist Church of the Dunes, 717 Sheldon Road, Grand Haven. This award-winning choir from the mid-Michigan college is embarking on its annual national tour, and its first stop is Grand Haven. Music will include African-American spirituals, classic sacred songs and Scottish folk songs. Admission is free; free-will donations will be accepted.
(2) 14th annual Coopersville Outhouse 500 — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in downtown Coopersville. Teams race outhouses down Main Street. The day also includes a Frozen T-Shirt Contest, Toilet Seat Decorating Contest, chili cookoff at the Farm Museum and auction. The Homemade Jam Band will be performing from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Farm Museum.
(3) The Moxie Strings — 3-4 p.m. Sunday at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. This free concert features fiddler Diana Ladio and electric cellist Alison Lynn, who are known for their feel-good melodies and irresistible rhythms. Admission is free.
(4) Jason Hawk Harris/Mark Lavengood/Joe Sturgill — 8 p.m. Friday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. The trio are coming together for a special songwriter-in-the-round concert. Tickets start at $25.
(5) Dinner and Movie Night — 6-9 p.m. Friday at the Momentum Center, 714 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. Pizza at 6 p.m. and the movie, “Rent!,” will be shown at 7 p.m. Sponsored by Extended Grace, admission is free.