(1) First Friday Dance — 7-9 p.m. Friday at D&W Market Cafe, 1116 Robbins Road, Grand Haven. The monthly dance is an outreach of The Salvation Army. It will be held in the store’s café area, with spillover dancing in the aisles. Patrons are also welcome to just sit and enjoy the music.
(2) Jim Cooper Jazz Trio — 3-4 p.m. Sunday at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. Celebrate National Library Week with a free concert next to the library’s fireplace with Jim Cooper (vibraphone), Robin Connell (keyboards) and Tim Froncek (drums). They combine their talents to perform unforgettable jazz standards and original compositions.
(3) Singer/Songwriter Loren Johnson — 2-3 p.m. Sunday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. Johnson will perform original acoustic tunes with a finger-picking style and deeper vocal range in the library’s upper-level lobby.
(4) Sing-in Messiah — 4 p.m. Sunday at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 524 Washington Ave., Grand Haven. Bring your score and join the singing of “The Messiah.” It’s open to the public, so you can also simply be in the audience to enjoy the performance.
(5) Hope College Senior Art Exhibition — all weekend at the De Pree Art Center and Gallery, 275 Columbia Ave., Holland. “Out of Touch” will open with a reception from 5-6:30 p.m. Friday. Admission is free. The exhibition will feature work by graduating seniors who have majors in art or art history. Media represented will include painting, sculpture, videography, mixed media, photography, installation, ceramics, drawing and printmaking. A capstone essay for art history will also be on display. The exhibition will continue through May 6.