(1) 12th annual Grand Haven Marching Band Invitational — 4:30-9 p.m. Saturday at Grand Haven High School. Bands will compete in classes A, B, C, and D, and one Grand Champion will be awarded. Since Grand Haven is hosting the invitational, they don’t receive a score, but the Bucs close out the show with a performance beginning at about 8:30 p.m. The Spring Lake High School band in their spiffy new uniforms are scheduled to perform at 7:30 p.m. Marching bands will also be coming from Fruitport, Allendale, Muskegon, Whitehall and many more West Michigan high schools. Adult tickets cost $7; student and senior tickets are $5; and children ages 5 and younger are free. Family pricing, with two adults maximum, is $22. Programs are available for $3.
(2) King of the Great Lakes Kitesurf Test Fest — Noon to 6 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Grand Haven City Beach. MACkite promises to have tons of new 2019 gear for you to check out. You can party along with the store staff, pro riders and kiteboarding reps. Admission is free for spectators, which includes all of the kiteboarding clinics and trainer kite field. Be a “party-goer” for $35, which includes admission to the Friday and Saturday night swag parties and dinner, an event T-shirt, and three raffle tickets. The $45 “rider” pass includes everything. See MACkite’s website for details.
(3) Cornhole Tournament — Noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at Keenan Marina, 516 Pine St., Ferrysburg. Registration begins at noon and tournament play starts at 1 p.m. Call 616-402-0317 to register your team ($10 per person). The tournament is limited to the first 32 teams who call. First place receives a passport to Freedom Boat Club for one day ($750 value). Second and third place receive cash prizes.
(4) Ryanhood — 7 p.m. Sunday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Ryanhood is a two-man independent folk rock band that formed in Boston and now calls Tucson, Arizona, their home. They were named Best Group/Duo at the 2014 International Acoustic Music Awards. Tickets start at $20.
(5) Astronomy Night — 7-8:30 p.m. Sunday at the Nature Education Center, Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road, West Olive. Check out the autumn sky, with Hercules to the west and Pegasus to the east. There’s no admission charge.