(1) “Annie” — 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday, at the Grand Haven Community Center, 421 Columbus Ave. The sun will come up tomorrow (and Oct. 18-20) for this Central Park Players production. Sophia Kelly Anderson plays Annie and Andrew Kitchka is Daddy Warbucks. General admission is $15, and $10 for students and senior citizens (65 and older).
(2) Walking Dead Day Event — 5-6 p.m. Saturday at The Bookman, 715 Washington Ave., Grand Haven. Celebrate Walking Dead Day at Grand Haven’s bookstore with snacks; a make-and-take Zombie Barbie craft; and cool swag like masks, buttons, bookmarks, posters, postcards and more, along with a “Walking Dead Day” special giveaway issue by Kirkman and Adlard, featuring a cover newly recolored by Dave McCaig. • You might also enjoy the annual City of the Dead Event at Evergreen Cemetery, 391 Irwin Ave., Muskegon, from 5-8 p.m. Saturday and 2-4 p.m. Sunday. This event hosted by the Harbor Unitarian Universalist Church includes cemetery tours and re-enactments of city founders. Tickets are $5; ages 6 and younger are free.
(3) Boardwalk Brass of Grand Haven — 2-3 p.m. Sunday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. This is part of the library’s Sunday Afternoon Concert Series. You’ll enjoy brass music of many styles and periods. It’s in the library’s upper-level lobby and admission is free.
(4) Blackthorn Celtic Music Band — 4 p.m. Sunday at First Presbyterian Church, 508 Franklin Ave., Grand Haven. This free concert is part of the church’s Community Artist Series. The Blackthorn foursome’s repertoire is rooted in the musical traditions of Scotland and Ireland, the folk music of English and French Canada, and original compositions that reflect the influences of these traditions.
(5) Anne Heaton concerts — 8-10 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. to noon Saturday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Friday night’s concert with singer-songwriter-classically trained pianist Heaton is for the adults, with tickets starting at $20. Saturday’s show is a free Liz’s Concert for kids, presented by Courtyard Concerts. Root beer is on the house.