(1) Halloween Ice Show — 3:45 p.m. Sunday at Lakeshore Sports Centre, 4470 Airline Road, Muskegon. Members of the Muskegon Lakeshore Figure Skating Club are presenting this free showcase for the community. Local skaters will show off their skills dressed in classic, family-friendly Halloween costumes or to Halloween music. The skaters range in age from 5-17 and represent Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Norton Shores and Muskegon. Routines will feature music from “Ghostbusters,” “Thriller,” “Frozen,” “Stranger Things” and more. Muskegon radio personality Andy O’Riley will serve as master of ceremonies. The first 100 children (age 10 and younger) will receive Halloween treat bags at the end of the hour-long show.
(2) Genealogy Lock-In — 5-9:30 p.m. Friday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. Are you obsessed with genealogy? Join others like yourself after hours at the library. The genealogy department and public computing area will be open for research and copies will be free all evening. There will also be several presentations. Ottawa County Clerk Justin Roebuck will talk about the records available at his office and the Register of Deeds. Jeanette Weiden will discuss the world of genealogy DNA. Linda Namenye will present the steps needed to turn your genealogical research into a book. Also, learn about writing your family history and genealogy DNA. Dinner will be included. Registration is required as space is limited. Register in person at the library’s genealogy department. The cost is $15.
(3) 231 Run — Saturday morning from Connor Bayou Park in Robinson Township. There is no longer space for runners in this fourth annual event, but tickets are available for the post-race party at the park. Tickets are $7 and available at the Ottawa County Fillmore Complex in West Olive.
(4) Grand Haven Farmers Market — 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday under the green canopy at Chinook Pier, Grand Haven. It’s the next to last farmers market of the year (one more Wednesday, Oct. 31).
(5) “As You Like It” — 7:30 p.m. Friday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. The Pigeon Creek Shakespeare Co. will present this classic for one night only. Tickets are $14 for adults, and $7 for students and senior citizens.
Dinner and a Movie Night: “Culture High — 6 p.m. Friday at The Momentum Center for Social Engagement, 714 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven.
H2 Dance Company Fall Concert — 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Knickerbocker Theatre, 86 E. Eighth St., downtown Holland. Tickets are $5 to $10.
Party of Parties - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Grace Lutheran Church, 300 Cleveland St., Coopersville. Crafts and home businesses expo. Admission is free. Proceeds go to mission projects.
Un-Haunted Hike — 2:30-4:30 p.m. Saturday at Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road, West Olive.
Elvis Tribute — 11 a.m. Sunday at The Salvation Army, 310 N. Despelder St., Grand Haven. Colin Dexter will perform inspirational Elvis music.
“Spooktacular” Organ Recital — 4 p.m. Sunday at First Presbyterian Church, 508 Franklin Ave., Grand Haven.