(1) “Poe’s Midnight Dreary” — 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday at Spring Lake High School, 16140 148th Ave., Spring Lake Township. The school’s theater program will stage this dark play about the end of Edgar Allen Poe’s life. Tickets are $10 for adults, and $8 for students and senior citizens.
(2) New Music Ensemble — 4 p.m. Sunday at First Presbyterian Church, 508 Franklin Ave., Grand Haven. The New Music Ensemble at Grand Valley State University promotes new and adventurous music of our time through multi-media presentations. Through the National Endowment for the Arts, the ensemble commissioned five composers to write original works inspired by the national parks. During the past summer, the students traveled to the parks and presented the compositions through interactive and educational performances. Admission is free.
(3) First Friday Art Hop — 6-7:30 p.m. at C2C Gallery, 104 Washington Ave., downtown Grand Haven. Music will be provided by Bill Ellingboe. The Art of Wood Turning with Stephen Bowen will start at 7 p.m.
(4) Seven Steps Up concerts — Nobody’s Girl will perform at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake, at 8 p.m. Friday. Tickets start at $25. At 8 p.m. Saturday, Brian Dunne will take the stage. Tickets start at $20.
(5) H2 Dance Company Fall Concert — 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Knickerbocker Theatre, 86 E. Eighth St. in downtown Holland. Tickets are $5 to $10. Also Friday night, the Hope College Symphony Orchestra will perform at the Jack H. Miller Center for Musical Arts, 221 Columbia Ave. Admission is free for this 7:30 p.m. concert.