(1) Jingle Bell Parade — 6 p.m. Saturday in downtown Grand Haven. Area businesses and nonprofit organizations ring in the holidays with lighted floats, music, costumes and good cheer. Spring Lake businesswoman and village councilwoman Michelle Hanks is the grand marshal. The parade is followed by the lighting of the community Christmas tree and caroling in Central Park.
(2) A Night at the Museum: Ballroom Dancing Gala — 7-10 p.m. Saturday at Tri-Cities Historical Museum, 200 Washington Ave., Grand Haven. Cocktail attire is suggested. DJ Roy Overly will provide the music. Admission is $20 per person, and that includes snacks and beverages. There will also be a silent auction, and all proceeds benefit the museum.
(3) Winter Market at The Depot — 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the old train depot, 1 N. Harbor Ave., downtown Grand Haven. The local Chamber of Commerce hosts this holiday shopping event featuring live alpacas from Tanglewood’s Alpaca Farm. Children will be able to view and pet the alpacas just outside the Depot. In addition, you can purchase items made of alpaca fleece including socks, hats and gloves. The Winter Market is a family-friendly and free event for the public. The Chamber of Commerce provides a listing on Facebook of the booths available for each of the market Saturdays, as vendors will change throughout the season.
(4) Allendale Artisan and Craft Marketplace — 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Allendale High School gym, 10760 68th Ave., south of M-45. The event will feature more than 120 crafters and vendors with products ranging from hand-sewn and hand-knit items, jewelry, decorative art, artisan bread, candles, food, wreaths, and more. Admission is free.
(5) Leigh Nash concert — 8 p.m. at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Nash is best known as the singer for Sixpence None the Richer (“Kiss Me”). All reserved seating starts at $30. An acoustic concert with the singer-songwriters of Escaping Pavement is at 8 p.m. Saturday at Seven Steps Up, with tickets starting at $20.
Dinner and a Movie Night: “Matilda” — 6 p.m. Friday at The Momentum Center for Social Engagement, 714 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven.
Winter Open House with Santa — 1-4 p.m. Sunday at Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road, West Olive.