(1) Spring Lake Village Adventure — in the village. The three-day event was to begin Thursday with a kick-off party at Mill Point Health Center, but that has been canceled due to rain. On Friday, visit local businesses from 4-7 p.m. and get your passport stamped. A full passport makes you eligible for prizes in a 7:30 p.m. drawing at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St. Stick around for a “no cover” show with music and food until 10 p.m. On Saturday, get your bike out to join the Pedal, Picnic & Play Day at the Whistlestop Playground (starts at 9 a.m.). It includes breakfast, chalk drawing and a bike giveaway, followed by a parade to Central Park at 11:30 a.m. Prizes will be given away at Central Park between 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. (you must be present to win), plus live music, bike tune-up, bike safety rodeo and more food for sale. See www.visitspringlakemi.com for details.
(2) Grand Haven Farmers Market — 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Chinook Pier, off Harbor Drive, Grand Haven. It’s the season-opener for the market, sponsored by the local Chamber of Commerce. Fresh produce, homegrown products and fresh flowers will be for sale.
(3) Music by the Fireplace: Guitarist Jeremy Verwys — 3-4 p.m. Sunday at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. The Grand Rapids-area musician and teacher has performed with the Grand Rapids Symphony and the dance faculty at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp. Admission is free.
(4) School theater productions — “Mary Poppins”: 7 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday at West Michigan Academy of Arts and Academics, 17350 Hazel St., Ferrysburg. Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students. “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”: 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Calvary Christian Schools, 5873 Kendra Road, Fruitport Township. The Calvary Players Drama Club puts on this Peanuts classic. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students. “Shrek the Musical Jr.”: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, at West Ottawa Performing Arts Center, at the corner of 136th Avenue and Riley Street, Holland Township. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students.
(5) A Night at the Derby — starting at 5 p.m. Saturday at the Spring Lake Country Club, 17496 Fruitport Road, Spring Lake Township. At this fundraiser for TCM Counseling, you’ll sip mint juleps, taste appetizers, peruse silent auction items, select a special bottle of vino from the wine garden, and participate in a variety of games and contests. Promptly at 6:46 p.m., the Kentucky Derby will be shown live. Dinner, a short program, live auctions, raffle prize drawings and more will follow. Tickets are $100 a person, or $750 for a table of eight.
“Susannah” — 4 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 508 Franklin Ave., Grand Haven. West Michigan Opera Project is the final event in the church’s 2018-19 Community Artist Series. Admission is free.
Ottawa County Parks Volunteer Workday — 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road, West Olive.
Pastel Art Workshop: Wildflower Splendor — 1-3 p.m. Saturday at Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road, West Olive.