(1) Grand Haven NYE Ball Drop and Fireworks — 11:45 p.m. Monday. Celebrate the end of 2018 and the beginning of 2019 by watching the ball drop in downtown Grand Haven. Gather at the corner of Washington Avenue and First Street before the stroke of midnight, then stay for the fireworks afterward. All ages are welcome. Presented by the City of Grand Haven and the city’s Department of Public Safety.
(2) Winter Tree Walk — 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday at Ottawa County’s Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road, West Olive. Winter is a great time to take in the beauty of this park’s many tree varieties. Walk the woods to appreciate the fine details of deciduous trees and learn a few tips to identifying them in the subtleness of winter. This guided program is recommended for adults and children ages 5 and older. Registration is not required.
(3) Lee DeWyze in concert — 8 p.m. Friday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Tickets for this acoustic concert start at $35. VIP Meet & Greet add-ons are available.
(4) Dinner and Movie Night — 6 p.m. Friday at The Momentum Center for Social Engagement, 714 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. Free dinner, followed by “Won’t You Be My Neighbor” at 7 p.m.
(5) 45th annual Sgt. Preston Yukon King Run — 11 a.m. Tuesday (New Year’s Day) at the Muskegon Winter Sports Complex, 462 Scenic Drive, North Muskegon. All ages are invited to choose from the challenging 6-Mile Run up Blockhouse Hill or the 5K Run/Walk, which is flat and fast. Proceeds will benefit the North Muskegon High School Athletic Booster Club. Entry fees start at $25. Register online.