(1) Light Night — 5-8 p.m. Friday in downtown Grand Haven. With the base at the Tri-Cities Historical Museum, 200 Washington Ave., downtown Grand Haven’s Washington Avenue will be brightened by an eye-catching display of seasonal lights during the annual illuminating event. Hot chocolate and freshly roasted chestnuts offer a warm reprieve on a chilly evening. Indoors, participating downtown merchants will host open houses with special promotions.
(2) Music by the Fireplace: Vivaldi Sonatas — 3-4 p.m. Sunday at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E. Exchange St. Cellist Pablo Mahave-Veglia and harpsichordist Gregory Crowell will perform classic Vivaldi sonatas. Admission is free.
(3) “The Little Mermaid” — 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Grand Haven High School, 17001 Ferris St. This is the second of two weekends for the school production. Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for students and senior citizens.
(4) Winter Market at the Depot — The market in the old train depot at the end of Washington Avenue, downtown Grand Haven, kicks off this weekend. Vendors will have a variety of products for sale, including produce, baked goods, home and Christmas decor, greenery, clothing, jewelry, and woodwork. It will be open from 5-8 p.m. Friday (during Light Night) and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Other dates are all on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Nov. 24, for Small Business Saturday; and Dec. 1, 8 and 15. The market is organized by the local Chamber of Commerce.
(5) Shoreline Symphony season opener — 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Frauenthal Center, 425 W. Western Ave., downtown Muskegon. To launch its 2018-19 concert season, “Outside the Box,” the Shoreline Symphony will present a performance titled “Intriguing Instruments, Surprising Sounds.” Admission is $10 for adults, and $2 for students and children younger than 18. Tickets are available through the Frauenthal Center’s box office.
Through Hike — 2-4:30 p.m. Sunday at Pigeon Creek County Park, 12524 Stanton St., West Olive.
Amy Speace concert — 8 p.m. Saturday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Tickets start at $25.
Channing and Quinn performance — 6-8 p.m. Friday at The Bookman, 715 Washington Ave., Grand Haven.
The Tallest Man on Earth concert — 8 p.m. Friday at Dimnent Memorial Chapel, 277 College Ave., Holland. Tickets: $25 to $30.
“Into the Woods” — 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at DeWitt Center’s main theater, 141 E 12th St., Holland. Tickets are $7 to $10.