Officials were on scene Wednesday and said that the fire started outside the home in an area where cigarettes were discarded. Sipe said that they could not rule out the cigarettes as a possible cause.
Firefighters from three departments responded at about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday to the home at 173318 Vancouver Drive in Country Estates, located at the corner of 148th Avenue and State Road.
Flames were shooting out the front door when he arrived, Sipe said.
Two residents safely fled the home when alerted by maintenance employees who had been working at a home across the street.
The fire was extinguished within a half an hour, Sipe said.
The home was destroyed and it was not insured, the fire chief noted. He placed the loss at about $5,000.