Stan's Bar evacuated when building fills with smoke

Becky Vargo • Apr 20, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Stan’s Bar in downtown Spring Lake was evacuated for a short time Saturday after a problem with a cooking appliance caused the business to fill up in smoke.

Firefighters responded to the scene at about 11 a.m.

Spring Lake Fire Capt. Scott Smith said that workers smelled smoke near the appliance, opened the door and the bar filled up with a plastic-smelling smoke. No flames were seen.

Firefighters ventilated the building and Stan’s was back open for business.

Smith said customers likely wouldn’t be able to get a burger on Saturday.

Recommended for You

    Grand Haven Tribune Videos