Grand Haven Tribune: Kitchen fire extinguished
logo



Kitchen fire extinguished

Becky Vargo • Jun 30, 2019 at 6:22 PM

Firefighters responded to a call of a kitchen fire shortly before 4:30 p.m. Sunday at a house in the 800 block of Washington Ave.

The residents evacuated after reporting a small fire in the kitchen. 

Responding units found the fire had been extinguished by the residents and that it was contained to the stovetop, according to Sgt. Josh Tomes, Grand Haven Department of Public Safety.

Officers ventilated the house of smoke.

Grand Haven Township firefighters and North Ottawa Community Hospital paramedics also responded to the scene.

Grand Haven Tribune Videos