1. TRUMP SEEKS HIGHER TRADE BARRIERS
The president declares the U.S. will impose steep tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, escalating tensions with China and other trading partners.
2. PUTIN: 'IT'S NOT A BLUFF, TRUST ME'
The Russian leader boasts about developing a new array of nuclear weapons. The White House responds, saying U.S. defense capabilities "are and will remain second to none."
3. WHAT'S BEING DONE FOR SAFETY'S SAKE
In the jittery aftermath of the shooting in Parkland, Florida, novel efforts to ramp up school security are surfacing in districts across the U.S.
4. 'AMERICA'S PASTOR' HAD HAND IN SERVICE
Plans for the Rev. Billy Graham's funeral began about a decade ago with the evangelist himself.
5. TRUMP WEIGHS IN ON DRUG CRISIS
The president says the "ultimate penalty" may be in order for drug dealers because the nation's drug problem will never be solved without a show of toughness.
6. WHO DROPPED POLITICAL BOMBSHELL
Catalonia's fugitive ex-leader unexpectedly announces he is withdrawing his bid to get back his old job as president of the independence-minded Spanish region.
7. MAN ACCUSED OF SENDING THREATENING MAIL
A Massachusetts man is charged with sending a letter with a white powder to Donald Trump Jr. that landed his wife, Vanessa, in the hospital.
8. NASA LIFTS NEW EYE IN SKY
The space agency launches another of the world's most advanced weather satellites, this time to watch over the western U.S.
9. COMPOSER HARVEY SCHMIDT DIES AT 88
His hit show, "The Fantasticks," made its debut when Dwight D. Eisenhower was still president and became the longest running musical in history.
10. WHY HALL OF FAMER IS ASKING FOR PRAYERS
Former Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly says he has once again been diagnosed with oral cancer.