1. 'GOLDEN STATE KILLER' CAPTURED, POLICE SAY
A DNA match leads to the arrest of a 72-year-old former police officer in one of the most baffling and sadistic crime sprees of the 1970s and '80s — a string of at least 12 slayings and 45 rapes in California.
2. WHAT'S BIG WIN FOR WHITE HOUSE
The Supreme Court seems poised to uphold Trump's ban on travel to the U.S. by visitors from several Muslim-majority countries.
3. PICK FOR VA CHIEF FACING FRESH CLAIMS
Trump's nominee, Dr. Ronny Jackson, allegedly showed "a pattern" of questionable prescription drug practices and drunken behavior.
4. 'ONE OF THE MOST VIOLENT AREAS OF THE INTERNET'
The deadly van rampage in Toronto is training attention on a shadowy online world of sexual loneliness, rage and misogyny after the suspect called for an uprising by "involuntarily celibate" people.
5. BILL COSBY CASE GOES TO JURY
The first big celebrity trial of the #MeToo era is in the hands of the panel of seven men and five women.
6. COACH THRIVES, DESPITE ABUSE ACCUSATIONS
Several dozen U.S. colleges have kept ties to an influential volleyball coach long after he was publicly accused of sexually abusing and raping underage girls.
7. IN BERLIN, SHOW OF SOLIDARITY
Germans of various faiths don Jewish skullcaps and take to the streets in several cities to protest an anti-Semitic attack in the capital.
8. WHO'S SHOWING SIGNS OF IMPROVEMENT
Former President George H.W. Bush, being treated for an infection, is moved from intensive care to a regular patient room at a Houston hospital.
9. NFL DRAFT: IT'S ANYBODY'S GUESS
There is more mystery to this year's draft than most, and top prospects like USC quarterback Sam Darnold recognize the uncertainty.
10. WHICH CELEB IS SIDING WITH TRUMP
The president tweets his thanks to rap superstar Kanye West for his recent and perhaps unexpected online support.