Coral Springs police spokesman Chris Swinson said the man was treated at the scene after the 4-foot snake bit him when he lifted the toilet seat on the morning of May 23. The snake is nonvenomous.
Swinson told news outlets the snake didn't belong to the man and it was unclear how it got into the apartment.
The South Florida SunSentinel reported the Coral Springs Humane Society took the snake to a veterinarian's office, where it was being treated for a scale infection.
Over the years, other creatures have found their way into toilets in South Florida, including an iguana freed by Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue in March.