Marine Le Pen's anti-immigration party fails to win a single region in the latest balloting, after dominating the first round of voting following the extremist attacks in Paris.
2. HOW OBAMA HOPES TO ALLAY TERRORISM CONCERNS
The president plans to meet with his National Security Council on Monday, then give a public update on the fight against Islamic State militants, to start a week of security-related events.
3. IN RAMP UP TO DEBATE, TRUMP DEFENDS PROPOSAL TO BAR MUSLIMS
The GOP presidential candidate emphasizes that his ban on Muslims entering the U.S. would be temporary.
4. WHERE GUN LAWS HAVE EXPANDED, 3 YEARS AFTER SANDY HOOK MASSACRE
Kansas, Texas, Arkansas and some other states have made it easier to obtain guns and carry them in more public places.
5. WHAT'S HELPING TO DRIVE CHINA'S PUSH FOR CLIMATE PACT
China's advocacy for a global warming pact was due in part to its own needs to solve serious environmental problems — including air pollution woes.
6. WHO'S FEELING VULERABLE AMID ANTI-ISLAM BACKLASH
Across the U.S., Sikhs are banding together with Muslims to defend their respective religions in the wake of the Paris and California attacks.
7. POLICE SAY MAN SHOT BY LA DEPUTIES WAS HOLDING GUN
A black man who was fatally shot by Los Angeles deputies kept holding a pistol as he lay dying on the ground, authorities say.
8. SAUDI VOTERS ELECT 20 WOMEN FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT SEATS
It marks the first time in the country's history that women cast ballots and ran in elections.
9. TAYLOR SWIFT RELEASING A LIVE CONCERT SPECIAL
The "1989 World Tour LIVE" will be available free for streaming for Apple Music users on Dec. 20.
10. MORBID ANATOMY MUSEUM HOLIDAY FLEA MARKET OFFER FRIGHTFUL GIFTS
As stocking stuffers, the Manhattan emporium offers pieces of human skulls, muskrat-jaw jewelry and two-headed, stuffed birds wearing Santa hats.