Burning grill catches house on fire

Becky Vargo • Jul 21, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Firefighters from three departments responded to the 2 p.m. fire on Margaret Street, south of Warner Street. The first firefighters on the scene reported heavy smoke was showing.

Allendale Fire Chief Mike O’Keefe said the grill caught on fire first. That fire ignited the home's siding and the blaze spread into the attic.

The home suffered extensive damage, O'Keefe said, but it is not a total loss.

Firefighters from Robinson Township and Coopersville assisted the Allendale Fire Department. Officials also requested a canteen service and the American Red Cross to help the family.


Recommended for You

    Grand Haven Tribune Videos