(1) Monster Bash — 6-8 p.m. Friday at Ferrysburg City Hall, 17290 Roosevelt Road. Costumes are encouraged. There will be prizes and refreshments, and you can learn to do the “Monster Mash.”
(2) Haunted Hike — 2:30-4:30 p.m. Saturday at Hemlock Crossing County Park, 8115 West Olive Road, West Olive. Learn about critters of the season and then scare up some cider and doughnuts at the Nature Education Center. Costumes are optional. Admission is free, but registration is required. Contact the Ottawa County Parks & Recreation at [email protected] or call 616-786-4847.
(3) Halloween Lighthouse Tours — 3:30-6:30 p.m. Saturday at the Muskegon South Pierhead Lighthouse, 1431 Beach St., Muskegon. Admission for docent-led tower tours are $4, $3 for ages 11 and younger, and $3 for military and veterans. Note that children must be at least 3 feet tall in order to climb. Sturdy shoes are recommended.
(4) Centennial Celebration — 7 p.m. at Grand Haven High School Field House, 17001 Ferris St., Grand Haven Township. The Grand Haven school district will be celebrating 100 years of its orchestra program. The concert will feature special tributes to Grand Haven Area Public Schools’ orchestras. It will include performances of the district’s grades 5-8 orchestras and the high school’s chamber, concert and symphony orchestras. Admission is free.
(5) Free Dinner and a Movie Night — 6 p.m. Friday at the Momentum Center for Social Engagement, 714 Columbus Ave., downtown Grand Haven. Pizza dinner is at 6 p.m. and the movie, “Still Alice,” will begin at 7. “Still Alice” is the story of a linguistics professor who notices her words are beginning to escape her and she is becoming lost in her own world. As she is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, her family bond is put to the test. Admission is free.